Women's Health at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills
The Women's New Life Center at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills is a modern, comfortable facility with a friendly and caring staff dedicated to making your experience memorable. We offer the information, confidence and skills necessary to support new mothers in taking care of their babies.
Our hospital is one of only 420 hospitals in the United States currently recognized as a Baby-Friendly Designated birth facility. This designation is part of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) initiative to encourage optimal care and breastfeeding.
The Women’s New Life Center serves a diverse range of new mothers and sees more than 2,000 births a year. We are expanding our services to support our growing community.
Conveniently located in Forest Hills, we offer:
- A team that promotes and supports a family-centered approach to care
- 24-hour mother-baby rooming
- Discharge classes focusing on breastfeeding and safe baby care
- Labor, delivery and recovery suites, including a sleep space for partners
- High-tech electronic tracking devices for every infant, ensuring nursery security
- Level 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Neonatologist on site 24/7
- Full-time lactation consultant
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAR)
- Personal choice dining to celebrate your baby
At our center, nursery security is always a top priority. Every infant is equipped with a high-tech electronic tracking device, so you can be assured that the only people handling your baby will be authorized caregivers and you. Our Level 2 nursery is a highly specialized unit for newborns requiring particular care
All of the bedside nurses at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills are specially trained in breastfeeding support. Certified lactation consultants are also on staff for mothers who need additional assistance.
The department offers a number of services to help mothers and their babies nurse successfully and safely, including classes and tours.
Classes and tours
As part of our maternity services, we offer free orientations and tours for expecting parents and families.
The orientation and tour include:
- A 60 minute orientation and breastfeeding session, followed by Q & A
- A walking tour of the facility, including labor and delivery suites
- Tours of the mother-baby units
Registration is required for these tours. Since group size is limited, it is recommended that you call (718) 830-4215 to register for a tour at least eight weeks prior to your anticipated due date.