Women's Health at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills is a modern, comfortable facility with a friendly and caring staff dedicated to making your experience memorable. We offer the information, confidence and skills necessary to support new mothers in taking care of their babies.
Our hospital is proud to be recognized in the United States as a Baby-Friendly Designated birth facility. This designation is part of the World Health Organization (WHO) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) initiative to encourage optimal care and breastfeeding.
We serve a diverse range of new mothers and sees more than 2,500 births a year. We are expanding our services to support our growing community.
Conveniently located in Forest Hills, we offer:
- A team that promotes and supports a family-centered approach to care
- 24-hour mother-baby rooming
- Comprehensive breast health services
- Discharge classes focusing on breastfeeding and safe baby care
- Labor, delivery and recovery suites, including a sleep space for partners
- High-tech electronic tracking devices for every infant, ensuring nursery security
- Level 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Neonatologist on site 24/7
- Full-time lactation consultant
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP)
- Personal choice dining to celebrate your baby
At our center, nursery security is always a top priority. Every infant is equipped with a high-tech electronic tracking device, so you can be assured that the only people handling your baby will be authorized caregivers and you. Our Level 2 nursery is a highly specialized unit for newborns requiring particular care
- Maternity with Level 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Well Baby Nursery
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Minimally invasive gynecology surgery
- Gynecologic Oncology
All of the bedside nurses at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills are specially trained in breastfeeding support. Certified lactation consultants are also on staff for mothers who need additional assistance.
The department offers a number of services to help mothers and their babies nurse successfully and safely, including classes and tours.
Classes and tours
As part of our maternity services, we offer free orientations and tours for expecting parents and families.
The orientation and tour include:
- A 60 minute orientation and breastfeeding session, followed by Q & A
- A walking tour of the facility, including labor and delivery suites
- Tours of the mother-baby units
Registration is required for these tours. Since group size is limited, it is recommended that you call (718) 830-4215 to register for a tour at least eight weeks prior to your anticipated due date.
The HIM Department is responsible for the creation of a birth certificate for every live-born infant delivered at or in route to Long Island Jewish Forest Hills. Birth certificates are submitted within five days of birth to the Department of Health Vital Records Department, the entity solely responsible for distributing copies to qualified individuals. For more information on birth certificates visit their website at http://www.nyc.gov/health.
Click on the appropriate link to our brochure, Women's New Life Center - Registering Your Newborn's Birth, to learn more about birth registration at Long Island Jewish Forest Hills.